Holiday Almond Toffee Pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 egg yokes
- 4 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 ounces German sweet chocolate grated
- 4 ounces Tiny Tim's Almond Encrusted English Toffee ground
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 baked pie shell/crust
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Add ¼ cup milk, mixing well.
- Blend in egg yolks.
- Scald 1½ cups milk over hot water in top of a double boiler.
- Add cornstarch mixture to scalded milk, stirring constantly.
- Beat well with a wire whip or rotary beater until smooth.
- Cook mixture over hot water, stirring frequently until clear and thickened.
- Dissolve cocoa in 1/4 milk and add cocoa and grated chocolate to cornstarch mixture.
- Continue to cook, stirring until chocolate is melted and mixture is thickened.
- Remove mixture from heat. and add butter and vanilla, stirring until the butter is melted.
- Refrigerate pudding mixture until it is thoroughly chilled.
- Turn into a baked pie shell and sprinkle ground almond toffee over the top.
- Chill until cool.